Some Roku users are getting Wi-Fi connection issues on their Roku TV box and they have been continuously looking for the solution online. Though the issues are not permanent and can be easily resolved with simple steps. We are now going to suggest the steps for fixing the wireless bugs on Roku Link.
- First of all, check the SSID of the network and connect the Roku to the right one. If there is any spelling mistake, you will find problem in connecting Roku to the service provider. Get the SSID of your network confirmed from internet service provider.
- The password is case-sensitive as we know and must be properly entered. If you are using the virtual keyboard for entering the password, then check the spelling carefully. Sometimes, a single character if written incorrectly may create a problem.
- There is some problem with the router. If the router is not connected to the modem or the internet service is down on the router, then the Roku TV box will not connect to it. Try changing the router and connect the Roku again to it.
- If you are able to connect other wireless devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops to the network but find problem in connecting the Roku only, then it means there is some issue with the network adapter built-in Roku. Besides this, the distance between Roku com link and router also matters.
- Keep all the hindrances or obstructions away from the router. This may affect the signal strength and streaming players will not able to connect to it.
- Restart Roku, router, and modem with the below-mentioned steps:
- Open ‘Settings’ with the help of remote and click ‘System’.
- Tap ‘Restart’ from the system.
- Unplug all sources from the power supply and wait for some seconds. Connect the devices again and turn them on. Wait for the modem to boot up properly, then turn on the router and Roku.
Common Roku errors and their troubleshooting steps:
- Error code 009: This error code is related to the connection problem. If the Roku is connected to the router but is not connected to the network. You can’t watch any show or movie in this error code.
- Error code 14: This code appears if there is a problem with the Roku and router connection.
- Error code 17: If the signal strength is limited or no signal is being received on the Roku TV box, then error 17 appears. This error code can be fixed by contacting the internet service provider or checking the distance between the router and Roku.
This is all about the troubleshooting steps for fixing Wi-Fi related issues on your Roku TV box. We hope you must try these steps and fix the problem on your own. In case of further support, contact Roku support.