Roku app is created to connect the Roku device to the smartphone for playing content. You can download this app from your Android and iOS app store. If you have successfully installed the app in your device, you can turn your smartphone into remote for controlling the operations of Roku media player.
You can play, pause, rewind and forward the ongoing content on the screen. However, if you are dealing with the Roku device discovery issue on Roku app, then follow the steps mentioned here in this page.
If your Roku devices don’t get connected to the Roku app, you will not be able to communicate with your smartphone. Before applying any troubleshooting steps, you must diagnose the issue and plan the further steps accordingly.
What is required to be checked first?
You must check the single strength on your device and smartphone. To check the connection on your Roku, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Press the home button and click on ‘Settings’.
- From ‘Settings’ go to ‘Advanced settings’.
- Click on ‘External control’ and click on ‘Network access’.
- Select ‘Mobile data’.
What other things can prevent Roku device from appearing on the Roku app screen?
If after troubleshooting the network, you are still facing the same problem, then you must go through the steps mentioned here as under:
- You must use the same network for connecting both the devices i: e Roku and smartphone.
- If your device is connected to the public IP address, then you need to switch to the private For this, you need to check the IP address of your Roku first. You can check the IP address of Roku from the ‘Settings’ menu. Under settings, go to ‘Network’ and click on ‘About’. Now, enter the private IP address here. If you find any problem, you can call your internet service provider and ask for the individual router to be installed on your network.
- You are using VPN on mobile. If you are using any VPN software on your mobile for changing the actual network location from home to office, then this may sometimes block your device from being appearing on the scan list. Under such cases, you must disable or remove VPN from your smartphone.
- The Access point or IP should be disabled on your network. If it is enabled then it may keep on blocking the Roku. To get rid of this problem, you can also read the guided manual of your Router.
If the problem still persists, then you have to go through the below mentioned steps and check if it solves the problem or not. For further support or help, contact Roku customer support.
- Connect the device manually: You can connect your Roku to the network manually by entering the IP manually. For this, you can make use of your Roku remote to enter the numbers according to the given IP.
- Restart your Roku. To restart Roku, you must unplug the device and connect it back to the power supply.
- Restart mobile app by force closing it from the recently opened app. You can force close it by clicking on ‘recent button’. Swipe the app to force close it.